Thread: differance?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default differance?

hi , hope you guys can help me , ive got a 1960 short fleetside . and am wanting to slam it. but when looking on this site for parts it starts at 63-66 . Is there some kind of difference in front suspention on a 60 to a 63? And if there is a difference , what would be my best plan of attack so i can get desired results? thanks

The 60-62 trucks have torsion bar front ends were the 63-up are a coil spring trucks.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax

Quote Originally Posted by CPPAaron View Post
    The 60-62 trucks have torsion bar front ends were the 63-up are a coil spring trucks.
    so, what do you think the best thing is for me to do in this case? is there so kind of swap that would work? thanks

Default lowering torsion bars

I am not familiar with your exact truck but usually you can adjust the bolts at the back of the torsion bar to lower the ride height.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5][COLOR=purple]Pretending it's broken so I can play in the garage[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by NEVERDUN View Post
    I am not familiar with your exact truck but usually you can adjust the bolts at the back of the torsion bar to lower the ride height.
    yea i guess the make would help ,1960 gmc short box fleetside and a 66gmc longbox , would you know if the torsion bar suspention can be changed to a coil spring suspention thanks for you time

To upgrade to coil style front ends. Some people remove crossmembers from a later application and put them in these 60-62 trucks.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax