Hi all, I recently upgraded the stock front drum brakes on my 65 Nova to disk, utilizing one of the kits from CPP. Upon completion, I drove it to my local front end shop to have the allignment checked. While talking with the mechanic, I mentioned that I had a bad rear end hop problem and that I had bought a set of slapper bars. He looked at the rear end and seemed surprised that I only had one leaf spring on either side. He said someone had removed two of the leaves to lower it.

It should be noted that when I bought the Nova the front springs had been cut to lower the front end, and I had the same mechanic rebuild the front suspension with new springs, which raised it about 3 inches. Since then, I attended a car show and looked at another Nova with a V8 and it had single leaf springs. What gives? What is stock? I've got air shockes in the rear and my rear sits about 2 inches lower than the front. Would three leaves solve my traction problem and raise the rear 2 inches and the same time, or if the single leaf is stock, should I use the slapper bars and add more air to the shocks to level it out? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks