Thread: Soft Peddle

Default Soft Peddle

I installed front disc. Brakes on my “54” truck with a new master cylinder and booster from CPP and now I am having trouble getting a good peddle. I bench bled the master cylinder and have used both a hand pump and manual bleeding to get the air out but just cannot seem to get a solid peddle. I have read in some post about “valves” in the lines to keep the fluid from going back to the master cylinder since it is below the level of the calipers I know this is a common swap with the master cylinder/booster so can someone tell me what else to check, what have others done if they had this problem?
    Thanks

Good Morning,

Still sounds like the master has air in it. I would pull the master back off the truck and bench bleed it on a bench vise. Make sure you get the piston fully depressed with each stroke and check for equal pressure and no air in both clear lines.

Residual check valves can be added for assurance as well. Typically the proportional valve is ok by itself.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax

Thanks CPP Aaron for all the info I am going to try the bench bleeding again, are the residual valves available at local auto parts stores or do I order them from CPP?
    Thanks

The residuals can be bought from us or a local rod shop.
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax