Hi my name is Phil; I needed some help with my brakes so I registered with this forum. I hope it helps!
I have a 1970 El Camino that had Power drum brakes. I bought the stock spindle Disk / Disk system from CPP and installed it on my car, There were a few problems I ran into: The proportioning Valve and lines Did not work together, I decided to stay with the stock lines and proportioning valve since I had a Drum /drum system and I figured the disk / disk system would proportion the same.
The system worked great for 2 years and then I developed a brake squeal and decided to change pads. The new pads were thicker and as I installed the rear calipers I found that the calipers were not centered on the rotors and I could not fit the Inside pads on. To fix this I removed 1/8” of material off the spacer that fits between the flange and the caliper bracket. Adjusting the E-brake lever I found that it is almost completely stroked before the pad makes contact to the roter which makes the piston travel farther out on application of the pedal. If I pump the pedal I have a good pressure to the rear brakes but if I don’t I can feel the proportioning valve apply pressure to the front brakes. I believe The caliper is suppost to adjust itself to take up this gap upon e-brake application. Is the caliper Bad