I am installing my first I.F.S. in a 1950 Chevrolet truck. I bought kit E4754M2IFS from CPP. All parts look to be well made but the instructions are rather vague. I think part of my problem is the last builder of this truck Frankensteined it together, or that is my suspision. The drivers side of the frame had a large square notch out of it in order for the steering box to be bolted halfway down through the frame. They had welded a lot of plate and bracing in place for the steering box to bolt into place. I haven't had time to do any research as to what the original steering box steering shaft in a 1950 should look like to determine if this is a part from a different year truck. I had to entirely dismantle the manual steering box to remove it and pushed the housing and steering shaft back up into the truck to get it out of the way. I am also installing Mustang 2 power rack once the I.F.S. is in but I will have to connect the steering shaft to the rack with the supplied universals and shaft (which shouldn't be a problem for me). My question is what to now do with the housing tube? Do I cut it (the 4 bolt flange) off and make a lower bracket/holder to hold it rigid-like to the frame? If anyone has done an I.F.S. in the 47-54 Chevrolet truck with power rack I would love to hear what they ran into. Thanks in advance/

Kyle