Thread: 1969 3/4 Ton Chevy Truck Power Steering

Default 1969 3/4 Ton Chevy Truck Power Steering

I am converting my 1969 3/4 ton chevy truck front drum brakes to power disc brakes. I was told that if I made this conversion, I would also have to convert my manual steering to power steering to fit the new front end suspension. Is this true?

This is extremely pleasant and average post....you shook posting it....thanks a considerable measure for posting it....!!

I have a 68 chevy 3/4 ton I am working on with a few other projects . I too converted my 68 over to disc brakes by use of 73 to 75 junk yard swap . I was told that the power system changed after 75 . Not sure there but I purchased the spindle set up for mine thru s yard down in Virginia . I used new upper and lower A arms rotors brakes and brake lines . I am converting mine over to power steering But I see no reason why you would have to . Power steering and power brakes are two different components . There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to have one without the other . But I think it makes good sense to me to do both at the same time if you have the funding ....What I did and I'm thinking I should have went another direction is I purchased a 73 to 75 power brake booster and the bolt holes in the firewall do not match up and I'm not sure if the rod will match up to the pedal system . Don't know why I just didn't order for 67 to 72 but as I said I have other projects going on and I'm just going to order the correct booster and be done with it ...I hope !... I have a question I'm thinking of converting my 68 chevy 3/4 ton single cab 8 ft. Bed over to duel wheels . Any suggestions on fenders for the bed for the addition of the duel wheels . Also I have coil springs now is that a problem with duellys ? What year duel rear end should I look for or just do the conversion kit to my axle . Thank you