I've got a 72 Lemans, 11" booster, 1-1/8" MCPV, wilwood D52 2-piston calipers on 11" rotors, wilwood 4 piston 11" rear disc system. I've got about 14" of vacuum at idle, and driven about 800 miles (using supplied wilwood pads). According to several people that I talked to when buying parts, this system should work really well (one guy said I needed 18" of vacuum). The system does not stop well, and the pedal is very, very hard. the master cylinder adjustments are full out on the small and large set screws. I have not checked pressure at the calipers yet, but have verified that all 4 rotors are hot to the touch (ok, burned a finger) after a reasonable drive.
My gut feel is that I need to step down to a 1" master to get more pedal travel and reduce fluid volume. Does this make sense, or should I check something else before spending another $200?
What is a reasonable (or ideal) pressure to have at the calipers?
It is to the point that I avoid driving the car because I'm not confident in the brakes. I replaced the original booster with a repop with no improvement.
Comments welcome. Please don't yell at me for keeping 11" brakes..........

Thanks,
Mike