Thread: 67-69 Camaro Dropped spindle delete

Default 67-69 Camaro Dropped spindle delete

Hi guys , just like the title says , I have a set of CPP dropped spindles with the 12" drilled and slotted rotors , updated Wilwood calipers and I want to do away with the dropped spindle . This is on a 69 Camaro Pro Touring project that also sports QA-1 Coilover conversion front shocks . My concerns are that combination of the two will be too much drop and would have to crank down the coilovers to get the ride height , in turn killing the ride quality . What I would like to do is change the spindle to a stock ride height spindle . Now I do understand that the dropped spindle combines the spindle , caliper bracket , steering arm and relocated pin , and the stock spindle is just a spindle with stock pin and bolt on caliper bracket and steering arm . I also want to minimize steering arm/tierod end interference so I can utilize more backspacing without having to go too big on wheel diameter . Is there a stock ride height spindle that I can use the CPP 12" slotted rotor on ? Caliper bracket that could be used ? Steering arm that would work ? I know that it's kind of a big order but if I could just find a stock-type spindle that the 12" rotor would bolt to . The bracket could be something that would physically bolt to the caliper , made of plate steel , and could do some modification to, I would prefer to have a straight up bolt on bracket if possible , but I'm not opposed to some fab work if necessary . The steering arms could be stock or aftermarket , bolt on or cast into , just allow the clearance of at least the stock type . Any and all help would be appreciated , Thanks ,Terry

Hello Terry,

The 12" kit is designed specifically for that spindle. To run a stock height spindle you would have to change the braking system to our 11" or upgraded 13" kit. The 12" kit with that particular rotor only works with the one piece spindle setups and there are no brackets to accomidate that on a standard setup. Feel free to call me at 800-522-5004 Ext 125 to go over all your options. Thanks, Aaron @ CPP
    Aaron Strietzel
    Email Aaron
    Classic Performance Products Inc.
    378 E. Orangethorpe Ave
    Placentia, CA 92870
    Visit Our Site
    714/522-2000
    714/522-2500 fax

Thanks for the quick reply Aaron , I kind of figured that should have took the drop spindles off initially and started from scratch instead of trying to match up a rear rotor/caliper combo . I can see this problem snowballing if I retain this front end setup and try to pursue a well working Pro Touring front suspension/wheel/tire combo . I'm going to ponder over this and may just give you a call , Thanks again , Terry

Default hi

This is exactly the crappy advice CPP will give you after they send U the wrong parts. Of course the proportioning valve could be defective or incorrect

Try out our free Testking ielts general writing and latest comptia Testking cfa 1 training courses to get high flying success in final and jhu exams