Thread: how to figure out what wheels fit

Default how to figure out what wheels fit

Hey guys, I bought kit #6774CPP-K for a 69 Camaro and that came with C5 disc brakes. Now i'm trying to buy wheels for it and i'm not sure of the back space and if the calipers will clear. The wheels I want are 17x8 torque thrust 2. Normally most folks are using a 4.75 bs, but I read on this forum I need to add about 2/3's of an inch to the bs for the disc brakes. So over 5 inches of bs? And how can I tell if the calipers will clear the wheels? Anybody run this combo? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    Hey guys, I bought kit #6774CPP-K for a 69 Camaro and that came with C5 disc brakes. Now i'm trying to buy wheels for it and i'm not sure of the back space and if the calipers will clear. The wheels I want are 17x8 torque thrust 2. Normally most folks are using a 4.75 bs, but I read on this forum I need to add about 2/3's of an inch to the bs for the disc brakes. So over 5 inches of bs? And how can I tell if the calipers will clear the wheels? Anybody run this combo? Thanks

Well I guess i'll reply to my own question to help anyone else who might have this issue. I ended up going with the Torque Thrust 2 wheel 17x8 and a 5 inch back space. I also used a 1/2 inch hub centric spacer to clear the C5 brake caliper. This combo worked perfectly and keeps the wheel in the front fender with no rubbing.