Harbor Freight's Telescoping Gantry Crane - Heavy Lifting Redux

As you may recall in last month's issue I showed the home brewed crane attachment I'd made to help me do some heavy lifting around the shop without calling in reinforcements. It actually works rather well, but it does have its limitations.As you may recall in last month's issue I showed the home brewed crane attachment I'd made to help me do some heavy lifting around the shop without calling in reinforcements. It actually works rather well, but it does have its limitations. Primarily the fact that it's hard to use under lowered vehicles due to the castered legs that require a good 7 inches of clearance between the ground and the framerails. In that story I also alluded to an option that I thought was as useful as what I'd built myself and more than likely quite a bit safer to use.inline_mediumwraptextrightHarbor Freight's Telescoping Gantry Crane is a great problem solver for both the home and professional shop alike. On the home front, it allows one to safely lift heavy or unwieldy objects without enlisting the aid of friends, family members, or passersby-and in the shop environment it saves time and money by allowing one person to accomplish chores that'd normally require pulling a co-worker off of their own task to help out.27948841/tech/1004clt_harbor_freights_telescoping_gantry_crane10 04clt_02_o+harbor_freights_telescoping_gantry_cran e+truck_cab_removal.jpgTrue

Photo Gallery: Harbor Freight's Telescoping Gantry Crane - Classic Trucks Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...